What to Do Before Your Dermal Filler Treatment
If you are planning to be one of the 2 million patients who are on the verge to use dermal fillers to your best advantage, it’s important to plan ahead carefully. Especially for first-time patients with dermal fillers, preparing for the treatment beforehand is a must. Here are some of the main things you need to consider before making your first appointment.
- Know that this is your face. There are too many “great deals” being offered out there. However, not all are equal especially when it comes to credentials. Do your research.
- Have a limited expectation. Lots of wonderful things can be best achieved by dermal fillers. The best cosmetic injections only want to highlight the best parts of you. Look for a doctor who only enhances your features and not the one who wants to change your face.
- Find out what you would like to address. Show and tell all your concerns to your doctor. Do not be afraid to be informed and be assertive. There are doctors with eyes trained to see every part of that little flaw which you might not know existed.
- Have a budget. Conduct your own research. Don’t choose a doctor who based solely on cost. However, it is also not good to stretch yourself too thin. Inform your doctor about your budget and then work together to choose the best treatment that is within your means.
- Start in a conservative manner. Having too many fillers at once could distort your appearance.
- Consume rich in vitamins C and E as well as fish oils. These foods thin the blood which also increases the chance of bruising. Try to abstain from eating these foods for 3 consecutive days.
- Consume too much alcohol. Or at the very least, avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol can thin your blood and may increase the risk of bruising. Abstain from drinking alcohol 2days after your dental filler treatment.
- Compare your skin or face with others. Each person is unique. The same goes for our features. Each doctor should customise your treatment because no face is symmetrical with each other.
- Take drugs or medicines with blood thinning effect. It will only leave you unnecessary marks on your skin. Abstain from taking in medicines with blood thinning effect for at least a week before your appointment.
- Schedule any important party or event 2 weeks after your cosmetic injection. This will only increase the likelihood of bruising and swelling particularly in sensitive areas such as lips and lower eyelids. Usually, it takes about two weeks for dermal fillers to settle into its final result.
In the past recent years, cosmetic injections in Melbourne such as Botox and dermal fillers have experienced an incredible game-changing revolution. Some years ago, dermal fillers are seen as the only way to turn back time. Today, it is now widely used by men and women of all ages to enhance their lips, refresh their eyes and re-sculpt their face. Knowing the do’s and don’ts before your treatment will help you better plan and prepare for your journey in having the youthful skin you’ve ever wanted.